How to Have Two Obsidian Vaults open, and open Obsidian URIs in them.
One piece of warning, You cannot install themes or plugins using the cloned obsidian app. If you wish to install anything, open the vault in the original obsidian app and do it there, before switching back!
- Install appcloner and launch it.
- Find Obsidian in your installed apps and select it.
- Give it a new name, change the color of the icon (or even choose a custom picture) or whatever other customization options you want! There are a lot of them.
- Hit the DNA button and clone the app! Once it's done, hit install it.
- You have a clone of obsidian now! Launch the cloned program and open your vault!
|If you want to open up Obsidian URIs for that specific vault, follow the instructions in my other guide How to Make Obsidian URI Shortcuts for Obsidian on Android||here! The instructions are the same, only you select your cloned app and not the original app!|